Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Window Seat Wanderings


Every Wednesday I post about a book I’ve read that I think is worth passing on. I have a personal love for Christian fiction so that is my main focus but you will find other reads sprinkled in here from time to time.

I’d love to hear what you thought of a book I recommended or if you have a new one for me to try. So grab your favorite beverage and get comfortable, let’s get wandering!

This is a brand new author! Regina Jennings writes a pleasant, easy read. The story is compelling and I found myself trying to read as fast as I could to see how each thread of the story turned out. The characters have chemistry and there's enough suspense to keep you engaged. There are parallels to the book of Ruth which adds another layer of depth to the story. I will look forward to more titles from this author!

Book cover review states: With nothing to their names, young widow Rosa Garner and her mother-in-law return to their Texas family ranch. Only now the county is demanding back taxes and the women have just three months to pay.

Though facing eviction, Rosa falls in love with the countryside and the wonderful extended family who want only her best. They welcome her vivacious spirit and try to help her navigate puzzling American customs. She can't help but stand out, though, and her beauty captures attention. Where some offer help with dangerious strings attached, only one man seems honorable. But when Weston Garner, still grieving his own lost love, is unprepared to give his heart, Rosa must decide to what lengths she will go to save her future.

No comments: