Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

We had gorgeous weather for Mother's Day and so we spent a great portion of it outside. First a quick photo session with mommy that did NOT go well. (Sigh) We tried...:)

The kids got me a hanging basket of flowers and purple perennials for our flower gardens (from Alexa of course!). The kids know their mommy well and they snuck in a little chocolate too!

Knowing the weather was going to be nice going into the weekend we planned on cleaning up our flower gardens, getting rid of a few plants we were not happy with and replacing them with new shrubbery if possible. We got all the work done and visited a nursery to get a few new shrubs.

 I know this probably sounds sick to most women, but I prefer manual labor where you get dirty and sweaty way more than cleaning a house or sewing, etc. I had a great day! I love feeling all achy by the end and knowing you have something to show for your labor. The kids had a great time transporting dirt and sod in their gator (I think Chase was literally in child heaven). By the end of the day he had proudly announced to both Howard and I, at separate times, that "today I became a really big helper". He was too!

We finished the day off with Chinese take-out and watched one of our own family home-videos. Watching the kids watch themselves at younger ages was too cute! It was a perfect Mother's Day for this mommy!

1 comment:

Jeff and Sylvia Case said...

Sounds like a lovely day for a Mommy. And also ~ I like your bangs! :)