Thursday, May 3, 2012

Empowering Parents

So...some of you know our struggles with our strong willed child, some of you have witnessed them and some of you have no clue (count yourself lucky!). We have tried many avenues of discipline/reward and nothing has been very effective. It is sooo frustrating to have to struggle with your child and feel like you are failing them. Howard and I sought advice from others, I've prayed over the situation and for our child too. My dad heard about http://www.empoweringparents.com/ and suggested we check it out. We've been able to find some very helpful articles on how to relate to a strong willed child. Many of which describe our struggles and experiences. We found motivational charts that so far seem to be working in encouraging good behavior. I would LOVE to get my hands on their program but the cost is really expensive. I just wanted to make any other parent who is struggling with a strong willed child aware of the resources they offer. There is a lot to encourage parents on how to "behave" too. Believe me, parenting a strong willed child will bring out every last shred of ugliness your personality may hold. We've recognized how far we have to go in setting a good example for our children (especially when one of them is screaming angry words at you in rage). The articles have reinforced good behaviors in us and given us new avenues to try and diffuse bad situations in relating to our kids. I hope something on their site can encourage someone else.

*If you read this and have used their program let me know if it's as good as they claim and how it worked for you.

No comments: