Friday, February 19, 2010

What happens at Grandma's...

doesn't always stay at Grandma's...
Howard and I got a much needed afternoon out when my mom recently offered to babysit the kids. We (Howard and I) had a great time but returned to a very nervous grandma. Apparently she and Chase were running around their living room/dining room and Chase tripped and nailed his head on a dining room chair. We have so many close calls with this little guy that we are so grateful he makes it safely through as many as he does. We reassured my mom that we weren't upset and took the kiddos home. The egg is now a nasty green color but at least the swelling has gone down!

On a brighter note, my friend Lauren and I got together for Fastnacht day to make doughnuts. This is the childhood recipe I grew up with. They have mashed potato in them and when done properly taste delicious. The only sad part is that the oil wasn't hot enough when we fried them so they absorbed too much and lost some of their wonderful flavor in the process. It was still a good time. Lauren and I tried filling doughnuts for the first time. The fillings we made were excellent!
(Sorry I can't figure out why this picture keeps uploading sideways!)

We made Boston cremes, peanut butter cream filled, white cream filled, chocolate dipped and glazed flavors.

1 comment:

Jeff and Sylvia Case said...

Um.....
Can I please have that recipe??
They look sooooo yummy!