Monday, February 8, 2010

Merry (belated) Christmas to Me

My Christmas present from Howard this past year was a writing desk. We were desperately in need of a place to store our papers and pens and everything else that drives my cleanliness OCD into overdrive. I hinted and out right asked for a desk but everything we had looked and liked in the past was way over our budget. Howard bought me a desk from Walmart knowing it wasn't really what I wanted so that I would have something to open on Christmas. Well, it wasn't what either on of us really wanted so we took it back and started scouring all the websites we could find. My sweet honey started going to auctions hunting for a treasure. I resorted to trolling Craigslist every day for a great deal. Finally, a few weeks ago I came upon this beauty and told him I'd found one I wanted to go look at. I think it was pretty much love at first sight. It has a leather top and lots of roomy drawers for storage. I've sat in front of it already and felt my creative juices beginning to salivate. I keep a journal and I can't wait to sit down as the mood strikes me and jot down my thoughts. It will be pure bliss seeing as how I used to sit on the floor against our bedrail with my journal on my knees (not easy to write that way!). I think it was worth the extended wait. Now we just have to find a matching chair... :-)

No comments: