Friday, February 18, 2011

He's Here!

By now most people know we had a baby boy on February 8 but in case you missed the update here it is! :) Tanner Lynn was born at 9:20 am via c-section weighing 9lbs. 8oz, 22" long.
 My recovery has been much swifter than I expected. Tanner has been doing an amazing job nursing and he seems to be a pretty contented baby at his point. We are so grateful for that!

 The kids were beyond excited to meet Tanner. Chase has surprised us and completely fallen in love with his little brother. He's the first to jump up and tend to him if he starts to cry and wants to hold or feed him a bottle if given the chance. Alexa would rather watch him and talk to Tanner but she seems to be adjusting fairly well at this point. I will try to keep updating as best I can. The long nights/lack of sleep and c-section recovery don't make it easy to get on the computer (it's an additional flight of stairs for me to handle to get to the computer)
We are completely taken with our little guy. After my first night in the hospital I said to Howard that I don't know how it's possible to fall so completely in love with a baby you've only known for a few short hours. The amazing thing is that it doesn't just happen the first time, or the second...my heart has expanded exponentially each time we've had another baby. We are feeling so blessed right now!

No comments: