Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great, low-key day with the family for my birthday. I woke up to the smell of waffles cooking (my favorite breakfast food). The kids and I came downstairs to fresh waffles, eggs and sausage. Such a nice surprise and so yummy!
Since I just feel huge anymore we didn't do much moving. :) Howard treated us to the Olive Garden for lunch where I had a delicious shrimp dish and just enjoyed family time. The kids excitedly brought out a cake at dinner time from Coldstone Creamery. It was a cookie dough delirium cake and my word it was sooo good! I don't splurge on stuff like that much with having diabetes so it was such a treat! Howard and I both relished every bite of it!

Now we are just waiting for our little one to make his/her appearance. I've had a few rough nights recently where I was having inconsistent contractions so I'm just hoping we can make it to Tuesday without any major episodes at this point! The baby's room is ready, the house is ready and (we think) we're as ready as we can be at this point. I am so eager to meet this little peach fuzz! I've been thinking all along we're having another boy but the only dream I've had about the baby was that it was a girl. Who knows! I truly am in the dark on this one so I am so eager to find out what we're having. Howard and I were just saying the other night that it really doesn't matter either way to us. We have been blessed with a son and a daughter and they are both wonderful blessings to our family. God knows best what will complete and complement us perfectly!

No comments: