Monday, June 28, 2010

Of Weddings and Wonderlands, part 1

                    Whew! This was a busy weekend for us!
We attended my friend Sylvia's wedding in VA on Saturday and then hurried on up to PA on Sunday for a day at Dutch Wonderland with the kids. Lots of traveling, which the kids were great about, by the way!

This picture is of Sylvie's adorable nieces who served as her flower girls.


Sylvie's dad was the pastor of our church growing up so our connections run deep and cover as many years as I've been alive. The bride looked beautiful and very happy! Sylvie actually eloped a year ago and she and her husband decided to have a commitment ceremony at their one year anniversary so that all their friends and family could be a part of their vows as well. I'm so glad they did because it was so much fun to see Sylvie get married!



Someone from their church made the cake. It was so pretty and finding a passion for cake decorating in myself, I was quite taken with it.


(Sigh) How I miss seeing everyone more often. All of us out-of-towners were invited back to the newlyweds home for dinner and visiting. We know a lot of the same people so I was able to visit with a lot of "family" I don't get to see much anymore since a lot of them have moved away.

This is my sweet friend Mary (sister and matron of honor in the wedding). We keep in touch by letters and emails but how I wish we lived closer together. She and her husband are so much fun to be around and it's so much better visiting face-to-face rather than long distance.
We had a great time that ended all too quickly! I'll post more on the second leg of our journey soon!