Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Improvements

Every year when Howard is laid off we try to plan a few home improvement projects that need tackling. This year Howard informed me that he was going to tile our backsplash. It's something we've talked about for a long time and something I really wanted done. The first picture is the beginning of the project...

Chase set up his Jimmie Johnson chair to keep an eye on his dad. :-)

Howard had never done tile before so this was a learning experience. We're not known for making things easy on ourselves. Is it any wonder that I fell in love with one inch tiles! They were on a sheet which made them easy in large areas but the entire half wall that he is working on here required 1/8" cuts with a wet saw. Not fun!

I LOVE glass tile and when I saw this stuff it was love at first sight. (Happy sigh)

Howard did such an awesome job and I am so proud of him. It looks beautiful! If you need a before and after scroll back up to the top and then back down. What an improvement!

Yay!!! I love how new a house feels just with a little updating.

No comments: