Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do you...

...know a child who really annoys you? Have a nephew or niece or grandchild you need to buy a gift for? Have a son or daughter who you want to get back at for all their childhood hijinks? I have just the toy for you...

...I present to you Mater the Funny Car!!! Let me make this as clear as possible. He is NOT funny!!! Shortly after hearing him play his maddening song and rock back and forth across the floor flashing his lights and bumping into things you will start coming up with ways he can "accidedentally" become broken!

This unassuming little truck was a gift from my mother-in-law. She did not hear the music or even know that it played music. It is believed that the display where she saw them had cut all the speaker wires for these sinister little toys. :-) Believe me, all four grandparents swiftly came up with ideas on how to make the music stop, when Mater began blaring his obnoxious little tune louder than is humanly neccessary.

We tried tape over the speaker, doesn't help. We tried finding a way to get it to run without the music, not possible. My dad resorted to sitting against the wall with his fingers in his ears so that he wouldn't have the tune stuck in his head! (I'm sorry I can't stop giggling when I think how ridiculous we all were acting Sunday night over this toy!)
Chase, of course, loves this little guy, music and all. Mater is banned from running in the kitchen unless we are all FAR, FAR away. And yes, we are already plotting which of our friends/families kids might enjoy one of these...so be very, very nice to us or it might be you! :-)

1 comment:

Jeff and Sylvia Case said...

Thanks for bringing some laughter to my evening!!!