Friday, August 17, 2012

Moms

Can I just be candid for a moment?

I am an imperfect mom.

I've snapped at my kids more times than I should. I've rushed them because I just had to be somewhere 5 minutes ago. I've spoken words carelessly and hurt their tender hearts. I ache at times for the chance to redo days, hours or even moments with them.

Instead, I've asked for their forgiveness, prayed for forgiveness and been completely humbled at how far I still have to go. My kids are a constant mirror of me and so often I don't like the reminders of who they see.

I needed this encouragement yesterday. Maybe you do to. Print out the list and keep it somewhere it can catch your eye and remind you of what really matters.

By the way, today was a GREAT day! :)

3 comments:

Susan Needham said...

I have just started "unglued". By Lysa TerKeurst. It is not deep, but practical and full of mercy, grace and compassion. I know moms don't have much time to even turn around, however, I recomment it. Be blessed--first two chapters are free on this website.

http://lysaterkeurst.com/unglued/

Sarah said...

Thanks! I'll have to look into it!

Keni said...

Good stuff Sar, thanks for sharing.
I need to read this every day!