Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Window Seat Wanderings


Every Wednesday I post about a book I’ve read that I think is worth passing on. I have a personal love for Christian fiction so that is my main focus but you will find other reads sprinkled in here from time to time.

I’d love to hear what you thought of a book I recommended or if you have a new one for me to try. So grab your favorite beverage and get comfortable, let’s get wandering!


One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

This weeks book has been such a blessing to me! I have followed this woman's blog for a year or more now before the her book came out. She writes in a style that requires you to read slowly and think through what you are reading. I relate to so many of her struggles and frustrations. I was curious what her book was about and excited to find it at my local library. The book couldn't have been more timely for me! I would like my own copy so that I could read it again with more time to ponder some of the stuff I read. It is so full of encouragement and the call to find joy in every moment(and she has lived some hard moments).

Here is the books backcover wording: One Thousand Gifts beckons you to leave the parched ground of pride, fear and white-knuckle control and abandon yourself to the God who overflows your cup. As Ann Voskamp invites you into her own moments of grace, she gently teaches you how to biblically lament loss, turning pain into poetry; intentionally embrace a lifestyle of radical gratitude; and slow down and catch God in the moment.

Not a book merely to read, One Thousand Gifts begs to be embraced as a dynamic, interactive primer inviting you to engage with truths that will serve up the depths of God's joy and transform your life forever.

A dare to live fully right where you are.

    



No comments: