Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday Morning Surprise

I was up off and on last night with a very congested and yucky feeling little boy. The last time I remember waking up was 5am to help him blow his nose. We'd both had a rough night and I figured I would let us all sleep until 8am because we could all use the sleep. Howard had to work this morning so he was already gone by the last time I got up with Chase.

Chase woke me up crying right before 8am so I got up to tend to him. When I opened our door I smelled the very distinct smell of mint. Not something you usually smell that strong in our hous! I looked in on Chase, who was hiding in his room, and found sprinkle stains around his mouth. I know enough to be very worried at this point! I raced downstairs and almost passed out. I hit our family room first, followed by the kitchen and living room. Oh my word! There was sugar, flour and sprinkles on every possible floor surface and the furniture!!!

I think the towel means he tried to clean up a little?


My baking cabinet was open and there was baking soda, flour, sugar, sprinkles, vanilla extract and peppermint extract(the source of the smell) poured out all over the floor. Thank goodness he wasn't able to open some of the extract bottles or it would have been worse! And my food dies were buried in the flour so he didn't mess with them!

The pictures don't even do justice for how much sugar and sprinkles was spread across the floor.

You can't see it in the pictures below but the entire floor was covered in little, white sprinkle balls.
It took me an hour to get everything vacuumed off. I needed that time to calm down because I could barely contain myself. It gave me time to think and pray and come up with a punishment that would (hopefully!) have impact. It also gave me time to gain perspective. Someday, not yet, I will look back on this and laugh and be grateful I took pictures. Just not yet...

2 comments:

Susan Needham said...

Grace, Peace, Mercy and Blessings to you( and Chase too). It really is a good thing you took photos. It will document a "moment in history" that you can look back on and be happy you have a happy and healthy little boy. Love and Blessings to you,
Susan
PS What was the punishment???

Jeff and Sylvia Case said...

Oh my goodness gracious, Sarah!!! Makes me want to pray for girls!! God bless ya :)