Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twos


If only he stayed this happy all the time! We love our little guy to pieces but he has been putting us through the paces lately.

Here's just a snapshot of the last few days:

Chase: "Mommy, mommy! The kitties biting my toes! He's biting my toes!"
Me: "What? Why!"
Chase: "I'm pulling his tail!"
Oh, my poor Smokey-boy! I came to his rescue don't worry!

We get home today and I tell Chase to wash his hands since he just slid them down the side of the car and they are black. I head upstairs to put Alexa down for a nap when I hear Chase start shrieking with delight. By the time I get back downstairs our powder room is covered floor to ceiling with droplets of water. I have no idea how he could splash so hard with running water! Rrrr!

To top things off, while I was switching loads of laundry, Chase found the dish soap apparently within his reach and proceeded to start squirting it all over the kitchen floor. He was trying to hide behind our island and squeeze it out so I know he knew it probably wasn't a good idea!

These are only a few examples of everyday life with our overly active little boy. We won't begin to mention the sibling rivalry that has evolved or the fact that I have to supervise his time with Alexa like a hawk. When that girl is big enough to use her fists Chase is going to deserve the comeback she gives him! Life with kids is definitely proving that there is never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Susan Needham said...

Thanks Sarah for reminding me why I did not have children! BUT, I know from second hand experience (my sister with twin boys) that with those experiences you will sit back and laugh and have a happy memory. Love and God's patience for you..Susan