Wednesday, September 23, 2009

This is love & life...

Howard and I celebrated 5 years of marriage last Friday. So crazy to think that we are at that first milestone number already. It's been so good and, thank the Lord, it keeps getting better!

We don't exchange gifts and we had no plans for Friday (Saturday was our date day). I opened the pantry to get out the breakfast food for me and the kids and there was this wooden box with a note inside...:-) (Yes, I still smile just thinking about it!) Howard looked up the "traditional" gifts for the anniversary milestones; 5 years was wood. He found a wooden box at a dollar store and filled it with the soap roses you see here. The letter accompanying the box was better than any gift, but I'm not sharing the details of that! It was such a sweet start to the day.

Our Saturday plans were to drop the kids off at my parents and play some tennis together. (Something we rarely get to do anymore and miss) We were then going to head out for a casual dinner before picking the kids up. Did I mention we have children? Well, Chase got sick Thursday night, by Friday night Alexa and I were down and come Saturday morning we were ALL sick! Our plans were canceled and we spent a weekend trying to get well.

It wasn't what we planned but it was still good and special in a very different way. We talked and laughed and loved on our sick ones. What it all comes down to is that we were together and that was enough.


1 comment:

Susan Needham said...

Thanks for sharing happy moments. Happy 5th again!!