Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer...






Chase has been having such a great summer. We've spent a lot of time in his swimming pool but it is starting to get too heavy for me to be dumping all the time so I got the sprinkler out the other day and he had a blast! He loved it until it would start swinging down towards him then he'd turn and start running away in sheer panic. He finally figured out that if he ran around to the other side he could play in the water for a little while before it reached him again. Any time he can get his hands on the hose he thinks it's the most fun.


We've been trying to walk everyday since I need the exercise and it helps Chase burn off some of the excess energy he has. We've made it around the 1/3 of a mile and 1/2 mile loops in our development without me having to carry him. The other day he pointed that he wanted to go the 1 mile route I used to push him in the stroller. He almost made it the whole way. I only had to carry him a short distance! When we got back to the house he needed a short rest and then he was rarin' to go again. He has so much energy! Thank goodness for matchbox cars and the giant Tonka truck we got him. He pushes the Tonka truck around the 1/3 of a mile and it gives him quite a work out. When he gets tired I pop him in the bed and start pulling him which he thinks is quite cool. In the picture he's reading his truck book right after he got the truck.

We've been having a great time enjoying the sunshine and being outside. Chase never wants to come in so we take frequent walks. He's become an expert at pointing out the birds, trees, airplanes and the moon whenever it is out during the day. He doesn't miss much and it's often a challenge for me to pick up on what it is that he's pointing out to me!






No comments: