Friday, August 1, 2008

Little Bits of Sunshine



I just LOVE Black Eyed Susans. There is something naturally uplifting about them. I see them and feel happy. A little patch of these wild flowers is better to me than beautifully landscaped gardens. Howard and Chase gave me a few plants for Mother's Day this year so that I can grow my own bed of them. The results so far delight me!




Today I was reminded again of the fact that God loves me and sees my every need. I was feeling very down about my diabetes. I just started an insulin pump and have had to get up at midnight and 3am every night to check my blood sugar. It has made me tired and weepy and not very happy. I was whining to the Lord about it and getting somewhat angry over the whole situation. I even was complaining to my mom when she called to see how I was doing.


I called in my blood sugar numbers this afternoon like I am supposed to and the RN I talk to told me my numbers are better than she ever expected for someone who just started the pump. In fact my numbers are almost perfect and she sees no reason why I should be getting up in the middle of the night to check my numbers! I got off the phone once again completely humbled by the Lord. He does know my name and every hair on my head. Even though I still don't understand why this all had to happen He keeps reminding me that He's in control of even the littlest of details and my best interests are held close to His heart. Thank you Lord for answered prayer and little bits of sunshine You send to brighten my day.





1 comment:

Sarah Caravel said...

I LOVE the photos! AND the blog!
Black Eyed Sunsans are like sunshine on a stick, aren't they? It's so nice to see that with everything happening in your life, you're taking time to stop and smell (okay, or photograph) the flowers. Good for the soul.