Sunday, September 25, 2011

Catching Up

     It's been a pretty busy summer. These last few weeks have been filled with fun for us. I'm going to try and work backward through our summer season so that I can catch you up on our goings on through a series of blogs. We'll start with our anniversary I guess! Howard and I celebrated 7 years on September 18. Our anniversary came at the end of a week long vacation our family had taken. We went to a great Italian restaurant for dinner while the kids stayed home with my brother's family.
     Howard bought champagne that we tried later that night. Not our cup of tea. We've tried several champagnes over the years and haven't been impressed. I don't drink (ever) and so I do not like strong alcohol flavor and Howard just wasn't impressed with it. Anyone have a favorite they can recommend for next year?
     It was a sweet day for us. Seven years have flown by. We look at our three kids and just can't believe how much our lives have changed since we said our "I dos". Next up, our vacation!

2 comments:

Susan Needham said...

From the "drinker" in the bunch. Try Asti Spumanti...Let me know what you think...Wait for another special occasion. It is pricy..You can also get "splits" of champagne and try different types, dry vs sweet. It won't cost as much. Also, when you open a bottle you need to drink the whole thing or it will loose it's "bubbly".. Invite friends to share a bottle with you. For what ever it is worth...Martinellies is always a family favorite... he he he

Sarah said...

Thanks Susan! We will file the name away for another try. Very helpful advice! :)