Friday, April 8, 2011

Tennesee Visit, part 3

This is the super cool loft my parents have in their house. It overlooks their main living area.

      This is my mom's new kitchen. There are labels on all the cabinets so that as we unpacked we knew where to put everything. (And people wonder why I'm so organized!)

 This is a view from under their loft looking into the living room/great room.

      I didn't take a picture of my parents deck because it was cluttered with moving boxes but it is HUGE! They have a full wraparound deck and a part of it is also covered. The kids had a blast running back and forth on it the whole time we were there.

      Someone had just unpacked the box of kids books when I snapped these photos. I couldn't even get the kids to look up!

      My parents house. The office is the small room off the right and the rest is their house.

      We took a hike in the Cherokee National Forest. Absolutely beautiful! I would have loved to be able to spend a lot more time hiking. It's something I love to do and can't very much with the kiddos. The kids did great on the hike but tired very quickly.

      This was the view at the start of our hike looking up the Hiwasee River. Gorgeous!

      We had a 78 degree day when we hiked and the following day got up to 83 so we had some amazing weather while we were down there. Loved breaking out the shorts!

      Chase started out the hike very hesitant and by the end was an accomplished pro. :) He was thrilled to take home two pinecones and a hickory nut that he insisted was an onion. (Oh I love what little kids come up with!)

     Alexa didn't want to hike at all and as soon as we were back at the car she climbed right inside. We have such a girly-girl and she definitely doesn't get it from me!
                                                    

     It was such a bittersweet time with my parents. Tanner won't be anywhere near this size the next time we all get together so everyone was trying to soak up the time we had. I love how seriously Noni is watching Mom talking to Tanner.

      I love this picture of Chase and my dad. We were taking a walk around my parents property checking things out.

     This is a picture that will go in Tanner's scrapbook. It captures perfectly the emotion of the visit for me.

No comments: