Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

We had a great family time on Christmas Eve. This year was the first year Howard and I decided to stay home with our family on Christmas day so my immediate family got together Christmas Eve night. It was a time full of food we don't usually eat (donuts from a local donut joint, yum!), visiting and gift giving.

My sister-in-law and I both got digital cameras so we were snapping each other taking photos. My new camera is super nice and compatible with all my old 35mm camera lenses so I'm super excited to start playing around with all the new functions!

 My parents gave families with grandkids the gift of G.T. and the Halo Express on CD. It is an awesome way to learn scripture to music and my whole family can still recall a bunch of Bible verses thanks to listening to these shows as kids.


My niece, Nonah, was making this adorable face everytime someone would try to take her picture. It's how she thinks she's supposed to respond to a camera. So cute!


Alexa loves her Nee Nee so she was very happy to have her attention for a lot of the night. They were snuggling with her new stuffed doggy.


Chase was beyond excited about getting a scooter and helmet from Nee Nee and Poppy. He cruised around their apartment all night and wore the helmet for most of Christmas day as well.


My brother Peter's family.


Billy, unfortunately, got sick the day before so he felt pretty lousy but he at least rallied to spend some time with all of us.


Still a cute couple 30 years later!


Chase was able to eat donuts with the all clear on eggs and he thoroughly enjoyed his Boston Creme.


This was towards the end of the night and Chase just decided not to cooperate with the camera so this was the best family shot we got.



My sister-in-law made my mom and me aprons. Aren't they so cute! I was super impressed with her skills.

It was so much fun and went by so fast. We've been munching on some of the leftovers for the last few days which has been a nice treat.


No comments: