Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Chase and I spent the week baking batches of Christmas cookies. He helped mix, measure and sample! It was fun and exhausting as we churned out 10 different kinds and made chocolate truffles too.

We make up plates for the neighbors every year. It gives us a nice excuse to visit!

We made a mess but Chase had so much fun and was such a big helper too. We listened to Christmas music and talked. Good times!

I've looked forward to baking cookies with my kids for years. I have great memories of my siblings and I baking with my mom at Christmastime. We always had this huge gingerbread man cookie cutter that my mom would use to make a cookie for each of us kids. We were allowed to decorate that cookie with as many sprinkles as we could fit on it. The cookie cutter was my grandmother's and this year I used it to make Chase's first cookie. When he realized he'd get to eat that big cookie all by himself his face just lit up. Traditions like this one are the kind of traditions I love. The cookie cutter has made its way through three generations now and hopefully I can keep building memories with my kids until I pass it down to one of them.


Today our little man is unbelievably excited because it is snowing!!! If snow doesn't put you into the Christmas spirit I don't know what else will!

No comments: