Thursday, May 14, 2009

In anticipation of summer...


We had a beautiful day on Wednesday so we took full advantage of the sunshine and spent the afternoon outside. Chase spent between 30-45 minutes playing with his trucks in the dirt. It was everywhere by the time he was done!

After the dirt it was time to mow! Our neighbor fired up his lawnmower so Chase had to get his out right away. He is very intent on the job!




Meanwhile, this little cutie just hammed it up for the camera and loved every second of being outside with us.


The best part of today (Thursday) happened this evening. I heard Chase playing in the living room while I was cleaning up from dinner but I wasn't really paying attention. I happened to look up at one point and this is what I saw! Chase had been giving Alexa all her toys and then settled in next to her. He was "reading" to her from one of his car books. He was explaining the page and talking to her. It was such a precious moment to catch. I am so proud of how well he takes care of his sister and is bonding with her already.







No comments: