Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Giving Thanks


I just wanted to post a quick update about how we are doing. Alexa spends most of her time sleeping and is generally very content. It is such a change from how our first few months were with Chase. He was so colicky and miserable that the little bit of fussing Alexa may do doesn't even faze us. I'm so grateful for how content she is.

When Alexa is awake I just marvel at this new little life that God has given us. She is so tiny and yet so perfect. I keep praying for her and Chase and the world that they are going to grow up in. Our kids need our prayers covering them each and every day, more so now than ever.

I'm so grateful for a little boy who delights in the fingers and toes of his sister and wants to hold and help with her whenever possible. I'm grateful to have my husband home for the winter. His help with the kids and the household has made my recovery so much easier and less tiring. I'm so grateful for a swift recovery and that every day I am feeling so much better than the last.

I'm grateful that yesterday Howard took Alexa for an 1 1/2 so that I could have some time to play with our little boy. He just lit up to have my undivided attention and talked to me with such exuberance. I've missed the opportunities to revel in his wonder at the world. Chase is so quick to pick up on everything going on around him and continues to delight me (us) with his chattering about the world.

So this is thanks Lord for my family. For the transition of a new little one going smoothly so far. For a wonderful, supportive husband and our time together. Thanks for my two healthy, precious children and the light they bring to our lives. This is thanks for how blessed we are and how grateful I am for Your grace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! i LOVE giving thanks :) it lifts my spirits and helps to put things in perspective...